Monday, April 7, 2008

I get a little crazy while watching games like these...

Even though we didn't win tonight I could not be more proud of my Tigers! We could have won the game, but I still think in the end we were outstanding. Just to going to the championships was so exciting, especially when everyone said we wouldn't make it past the sweet sixteen! But man! That game was just too intense for me! I'm unfortunately a naturally uptight person and this game had me worrying for my poor little heart because I felt so stressed out just watching the game! I made a complete fool out of myself whenever we'd be on a roll and I'd act even more stupid whenever Kansas was doing well. I think I did a little damage to some pillows when we first lost the lead in the first half and then I somehow ended up in a weird yoga/Indian style position convincing myself that my mind could will the Tigers to win (and we made one point while I was doing that! Although I stopped after we missed the next three shots haha). I followed up with a a lot of loud inappropriate cursing that was accompanied by shocked looks and worries that I was going to have a nervous breakdown before the game even ended! haha At one point when we had regained the lead I jumped off the couch and yelled "I LOVE LIFE!!!!" and then my heart was crushed when we went into overtime. So yeah... games this close with the Tigers bring out the very weird in me with probably more stress than the players themselves experience. I've been a huge Tigers fan all my life but I don't think I've ever been so pumped up for a game! Hours before it even started I was sitting out in my car switching the stations until I found someone playing the Eye of the Tiger hahaha (deffinetly not a song I choose to listen to normally) Even though we didn't win and I still have to go to some classes, I'm still so proud of my Tigers!

No comments: